Good news for patients who are completely edentulous – you can have a beautiful looking full arch of teeth with only four dental implants! Yes, I’m talking about All-on treatment!
All-on-4 dental implant (also called AO4) is a prosthodontic procedure that includes a prosthetic structure standing on four small implants made of Titanium. Dentists place this implant in the jaw bone of the patient to support the prosthetic structure above. In particular, the surgeon place 4 implant posts into the jawbone of the patient, then after several months for healing and the osseointegration process take place, the dentist attaches the denture prosthesis on top.
As a result, the chewing function AO4 implant is highest among prosthetic techniques.
When is All-on-4 the best option?
The following cases usually indicate the need for implant All-on-4:
- The patient lost all teeth on the upper jaw
- The patient lost all teeth on the lower jaw
- The patient lost all teeth in both jaws
You can get a radiant, new smile in just one day
All-on-4: Pros and Cons
- All-on-4 implants is suitable in situations single implants can not be done, like when the jaw bone is not thick enough for fixture placement
- Dentures are fixed to the jaw bone, allowing you to chew and communicate comfortably without fear of teeth falling off like removable denture
- All On 4 implants fix the prosthesis to fill the space of missing teeth will minimize dental as well as body health problems due to the impact of tooth loss.
- Amazing aesthetic look with the same shape, color, and size as real teeth
- The occlusal forces applied to the entire prosthetic structure are only supported by 4 implants, all of them are positioned in the front of the dental arch
- Sometimes you need to remove foods accumulating under the prosthesis
How much does all-on-4 dental implant cost in Vietnam?
In the short version, getting All-on-4 implants in Vietnam could save you 70% of the expense for the same service in the US or Australia. How does that happen you ask?
The cost for a full mouth implant package generally varies from $6,000 to $9,900 for a top-notch dental clinic in Vietnam, including diagnosis, consultation, treatment, and prosthesis.
In the long version, there are many factors that build up those prices and they’re different from each service that you’re offered. So take a look at each factor and consider them carefully before deciding which offer to go with. Remember: low price doesn’t mean the best price!
- Cost of All-on-4 implants in Vietnam:
- Implant fixture: should vary by the brands of the implant, since each implant has its own technology. However, the cost should be between $700 and $1,500 for the fixture only
- Implant abutment
- Prosthesis: depending on the material and brand of the crown, for more information you could check out this post: crowns and bridges
- Bone Graft or Sinus Lifting: Some patients’ bone might not be qualified for implantation, and usually have to take bone graft or sinus lifting surgery before implant surgery. That’d raise the cost $250 – $500
- Tooth extraction
Part or all of the damaged teeth might still attach with the jaw bone and need to be removed. It’d cost from $20 to $200 for each tooth extraction, depending on the difficulty level of the surgery.
- Surgeon expertise
Your choice of the surgeon makes a big difference in your implant results. Make sure your surgeon is a certified All-on-4/All-on-6 provider, and that they have a good deal of experience performing these procedures.
Why do you always see the advertisement for dental work from dental clinics from other countries such as Mexico, India or Thailand that is much cheaper than those in the US, Australia or UK?
The answer is location!
In the countries which have lower living costs, the average salary is also lower than in developed countries, which is a major factor in service industries. The salary factor, therefore, dictates the cost for well-trained surgeons, physicians, technicians, nurses, receptionists, post-surgery care and every single instrument, equipment, material that contributes to the treatment, which drags the cost of the overall service down. That’s the reason why getting all-on-4 implants in Vietnam could save you a fortune!
- Accreditation and Certification
Clinics that have accredited for a global accreditation such as JCI, GCR have some of their procedures qualified and usually more appealing to international patients.
How Long Does All-on-4 Last?
Success rate for Dental Implants
Because the fixture is the most important part of the implant, serving as a root for the new tooth. If the fixture fell out, the whole implant is considered as failed.
You might be afraid that implant fixtures that are attached with your jaw bone might somehow fall out while you’re eating or talking. That’d be a nightmare!
Fortunately, that risk is a tiny portion, even in the long-term.
All-on-4 is a proven long-term solution, and it’s supported by sciences. A longitudinal study by Paulo Maló et al was conducted on 245 all-on-4 patients with a total of 980 dental implants, which followed up the survival of All-on-4 implants in the mandible with up to 10 years. It showed the success rates of implant fixture with five years and 10 years follow-ups:
- Patient-related success rates: 94.8 percent at five years and 93.8 percent at 10 years
- Implant-related success rates: 98.1 percent at five years and 94.8 percent at 10 years
What does that mean?
It means 94.8% of AO4 implants last for 10 years or more.
It’s a life-time solution!
The results support the conclusion that the use of the All-on-4 immediate-function implant concept in completely edentulous mandibles is viable in the long term. link
“Your dental implants depend on your bones and your bones depend on proper nutrition and state of your body. Those factors subjectively affect implant success rate as well”
Prosthesis Survival Rates
According to the same study conducted by Paulo Maló et al,
- The prosthesis survival rate was 99.2 percent with up to 10 years of follow up
And be noted that this study was conducted in 2011.
With the development of science, new materials have been used to create prosthesis with high durability and strength while optimizing aesthetics.
How to begin your all-on-4 implants experience in Vietnam
First of all, All-on-4 and All-on-6 are two types of implant procedure, so the patients will go through all of the processes of a single implant, which can be seen in this post.
To sum up, in order to have a beautiful AO4 smile, patients need to take 4 appointments:
First appointment: Examination and consultation
- Overall examination and oral examination
- CT Cone Beam x-rays to check the characteristics of shape, dimensions of the jaw bone, quality, bone mass, blood vessels & nerves
- Take impression of the upper jaw & lower jaw to produce the surgical guide by 3D printing
- Consult with your surgeon about your situation, needs, and requirements in order to come up with a comprehensive treatment plan
implants are placed to your jaw bone and the surgeon takes your dental impression again to produce the prosthesis. This surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia but there might be an exception. Any use of general anesthesia would be informed by the surgeon in the first appointment so that you can make an informed decision.
Your temporary teeth will be tried on you within 24-48 hours after implant placement. Any necessary adjustments in teeth position and color can be done at this stage. You can choose how your new teeth look until you’re totally satisfied with the accomplishment.
After waiting a certain time for the implants to integrate with your jawbone, the prosthesis is fixed to the implant fixtures, you will have completely permanent teeth and radiant smiles right after the surgery.
Recommended diet after All-on surgery
- Soft food and drinks should be consumed to avoid any discomfort during eating and protect the affected areas
- Foods containing protein such as eggs, fish and seafood, finely chopped meat, dairy products
- Keep hydrated is vital to your immune system and overall health
- Fruits and vegetables are very helpful to your recovery, melon, berries, banana and other soft fruits would be good choices
- Prevent hot or spicy food or drinks in order to avoid bleeding or swelling
- Avoid smoking
- Restrict alcoholic beverages
How do I take care of my teeth after getting All-on-4 implants in Vietnam?
- Use the medicine according to the prescription of the dentist
- In the first 2-3 days, there may be bleeding. At that time, do not gargle and spit much
- In the case of heavy bleeding, bite a sterile gauze and apply an ice compress on the skin outside the implantation site.
- In case of swelling, apply an ice compress to ease the swelling
- Your body temperature may increase slightly around 38 Celsius degrees
- Avoid gargling and hard brushing during the first days after surgery May form hematoma but that is not a serious problem
- Sutures can be drained after 2 weeks or cut after about 12 days depending on the surgeon’s instructions
In case of sinus elevation
In case you need sinus lifting surgery, you should not do anything that affects the maxillary sinus which is very vulnerable after surgery.
- Do not drink water with a straw; do not blow your nose for 15 days; when sneezing remember to open your mouth; avoid strong mouthwash
- Avoid flying for the first week after surgery
- If sinusitis occurs despite good precautions, you need to immediately check with your dentist to prescribe medication.
You need to see your doctor:
- There is an abnormal problem: High fever above 38.5 ° C, severe pain and swelling, heavy bleeding
- Dental patients regularly visit dentist every 6 months for dental checkup