Dental Crowns in Vietnam
Crowns and bridges are prosthetic teeth or cluster of teeth used to recover teeth when most or all of the tooth surface is damaged, or for aesthetic purpose when your teeth are discolored and the cover for all of the tooth surface is needed. Crowns and bridges might be fixed to the tooth’s natural root or Implant. Many people in developed countries such as Australia, the United States, Canada couldn’t afford dental crowns because they’re ridiculously expensive. With dental tourism, dental crowns become more accessible than ever. Lotus Dental Travel lists trusted healthcare providers offering Dental Crown in Vietnam. Let’s dive in!
How do Crowns Work?
When a tooth is cracked, severely decayed or otherwise damaged, the dentist may recommend a dental crown. Dental crowns reinforce and protect the remaining tooth structure and can give you an aesthetic look. Crown is permanently cemented on the top of the tooth to become a part of it. Crowns are constructed of very resilient and durable materials and designed to endure the traumas of chewing effectively while keeping the tooth from breaking apart.
How do Bridges Work?
If you accidentally lose a tooth or some teeth, the dentist may recommend placing a dental bridge. A dental bridge is a structure including a ceramic tooth fused between two or more porcelain crowns on either side of the missing tooth that serve as anchors. These adjacent teeth are shaped to accommodate the crowns, and then a bridge is bonded securely over them.
Bridges are usually used in the circumstances that
- There’s no post to place the crown that replaces the missing tooth
- Multiple missing teeth are recovered by implantation
Understanding materials of Crowns and Bridges:
Base metal crowns
Among all types of dental crowns, base metal crowns cost the least in Vietnam. The price for each unit is about US $52 (Chrome-Cobalt).
- Highly resistant to corrosion
- High durability
- Preserve tooth structure
- Might cause periodontal problems
- Poor aesthetics
- Metallic taste
Noble metal crowns (made of an alloy of titanium or gold)
Golden dental crown cost is among the highest crown types in Vietnam. The cost for each unit of dental crown is about USD $431, full package included.
- It has a strong structure
- greater retention
- less tooth preparation
- Avoiding metal allergy but
- Mostly used for posterior due to poor aesthetics
Porcelain fused metal crowns (PFM)
Including Porcelain fused to base metal alloys, Porcelain fused to titanium alloys, Porcelain fused to gold alloys
- provides a stronger bond than porcelain crowns because it is connected to a metal structure
- extremely durable
- look like your natural teeth
- Might make the gum line get darker over time
- resist plaque accumulation
- Superior look, no metal lining at the gums
- 100% biocompatible
- extraordinary tough and bond well with teeth
- High durability
- Preserve tooth structure
Disadvantages: High price
4 Types of bridges:
- Traditional dental bridges
- Cantilever Bridges
- Maryland bridges
- Implant-supported bridge
When would I need a crown or bridge?
In which cases a crown is needed:
- To stop a tooth from further cracking or fracturing
- The surface of a tooth is damaged and cannot be recovered by filling or inlay/onlay
- Protect a tooth from being weakened or cracked after root canal treatment
- Cover discolored or worn teeth
- To attach to a bridge replacing a missing tooth
- Dental prosthesis on implant
How much are dental crown and bridge costs in US?
Dental crown cost in the US is based on a lot of factors, such as the material of crown, the dentist’s experience or the local rates. There are four common dental crown types in the US including: All ceramic averaging at $1300, Porcelain fused to mental averaging at $1100, All-metal averaging at $1300 and Provisional averaging at $450.
The cost for each dental crown varies significantly which can vary up to $1500.
How much do dental crowns costs in Vietnam?
Dental crown cost in Vietnam varies from $52 (Full metal crown (Chrome-Cobalt), $259 (Emax all-ceramic crown) to $430 (Lava Plus – 3M ESPE full porcelain crown), depending on the material and origin of the crowns. Meanwhile, dental crown cost in Australia can range from $1000 to $2000.
Dental bridge cost in Vietnam should be the multiple a number of crowns and the price of each crown. Dental clinics in Vietnam tend to be transparent about their prices of crowns and bridges on clinics’ websites, which includes the service fee of the dentist and nurse. Make sure you ask for the cost break down or extra charges that might be added on to get the final number.
Bottom line is that getting a dental crown in Vietnam could save you 70% of your dental bill while receiving world-class treatment quality.
The warranty duration varies from 5 to 15 years and also depends on the price of the crown.
Click here to see how much do dental crowns and bridges cost in Vietnam under the Prosthodontics category.
Process of getting dental crown or bridge
The dentist will examine your mouth, take dental x-rays, take pictures before treatment at different angles, diagnose and discuss the specific treatment plan with you
After you agree with the treatment plan, the dentist will design the new smile with the new teeth that are most suitable and harmonious for your facial and dental characteristics.
The dentist will numb the area around the damaged tooth by local anesthesia. The dentist then sharpens your natural tooth to create the post for a dental crown (or bridge) to stand on. It shall take from 5-7 minutes for the sharpening process.
The process of preparing teeth is complete, the doctor will take impression of your teeth and choose the appropriate tooth color for you. Of course, you will have temporary teeth while waiting for the dental lab to make the crown.
It shall take a maximum of 2-3 days to manufactured. Implementation time may vary depending on the specific situation.
- Step 5: When a crown is made and sent to the clinic, the dentist will try the crown on you. When you are satisfied with the new tooth, your doctor will fix it. The dentist will take pictures after attaching the new crown to compare with your situation before treatment to show you the results you have achieved. When it’s done, the prosthetic tooth should not be distinguished among other teeth, the overall look should be harmonious, and you should feel comfortable wearing that crown.
How are dental crowns and bridges made in Vietnam?
After sharpening and preparing teeth for prosthesis, the dentist will take impression of your teeth. Most dental clinics in Vietnam use CAD/CAM systems to manufacture dental crowns and bridges to ensure maximum precision. With the help of CAD/CAM system, the technician will design the porcelain teeth for you. After the design, the CAD/CAM machine will “sculpt” a ceramic cube corresponding to the color of your teeth to the porcelain tooth, to create new crowns or bridge with a high degree of accuracy. Some popular CAD/CAM systems are Carestream Dental, Planmeca, CEREC by Dentsply Sirona.
Given the costs of dental crowns and bridges, you might wonder whether such costs are worthy or not. To answer that, let’s take a look at the technology that helps produce dental crowns.
It is a digital solution for chairside dentistry that has been innovated and developed by Dentsply Sirona for 30 years. By integrating with the equipment in a streamlined workflow, this solution digitalizes every step of the process of making a crown or bridge: oral scanning, designing, milling/grinding, and sintering/finishing. The CEREC solution spectrum covers not only restorative but implants and orthodontics as well. Artificial intelligence allows for excellent patient-specific initial proposals and guarantees the most precise outcomes.
How Long do Crowns and Bridges Last?
Well, it depends on:
- Materials of the crowns/bridges
- Strength of the adjacent teeth
- How you take care your prosthesis
Caring for Your Crowns & Bridgework
After getting a dental crown in Vietnam and coming back to your country, proper care should be specially applied if you want the dental crowns could last for a lifetime.
- Brush your teeth regularly at least 2 times a day with a toothpaste containing Fluoride to keep your gums and teeth healthy
- Floss at least once every day
- Periodic dental checkup and cleaning (every 6 months)
- Avoid using your teeth as tools
- Stay away from hot food/beverages
- Eat a diet higher in fruits, vegetables, and fiber than meat