Dental filling, inlay/onlay in Vietnam
Different types of dental fillings in Vietnam
Silver Amalgam Fillings
A mixture of minerals that’s 50 percent silver, tin, zinc, and copper, and 50 percent mercury.
Most suitable for stress-bearing areas and in small-to-moderate sized cavities in the posterior teeth, and when there is severe destruction of tooth structure and cost is an overriding consideration.
- Strong, durable: last for 15 years or more
- Easy to insert into the cavity
- Not aesthetic
- Cracks and fractures: the material also can expand and contract over time, causing a tooth to crack
- Cannot be used for people having an allergy to Mercury
Most suitable for small carious lesions in pits and fissures of posterior teeth and lingual surfaces of anterior teeth.
- Durable: last for more than 15 years
- Expensive: since the material is a noble metal
- Time-consuming: it needs more than one visit to accomplish
The cost of gold dental filling in Vietnam varies depending on the price of gold at the time.
Tooth-colored Composite Fillings
Made of a resin and plastic material that is placed into the cavity while it’s soft, then hardened with bright blue curing light.
Most suitable for front teeth fillings, cracked or chipped teeth, decayed teeth, discolored teeth, spaces between teeth, or teeth that are sensitive around the gums.
- Aesthetic: It looks just like a part of your natural teeth
- Bonding to tooth structure: perfectly match with the tooth cavity
- Cost less than gold fillings
- Won’t last long and should be replaced every seven years
- Recurrent decay is more of a problem than with amalgam or gold fillings
Glass Ionomer filling
Made of acrylic and a specific type of glass material.
Most suitable for fillings below the gum line and for fillings in young children
- Appropriate for children whose tooth structures are changing: last less than five years but release fluoride which prevents recurrent decay
- Cost less than gold fillings
- Easier to conduct
- Do not match the tooth color perfectly
- Not as strong and will not last as long as other fillings
They’re hard and brittle, most suitable for indirect fillings which are Inlays/Onlays.
- Inlays are similar to fillings but the entire work lies within the cusps on the chewing surface of the tooth
- Onlays are more extensive than inlays, covering one or more cusps, like a part of a crown
Dental Inlay/Onlay packages in Vietnam are the less abrasive procedures which allows you to keep the majority of the natural teeth, compared with other procedures such as crown or bridge which require the whole new artificial teeth.
- Durable: last longer than traditional fillings up to 30 years
- Aesthetically attractive: tooth-colored, resistant to staining
- Brittle: need more space in the tooth to prevent it from breaking
- Cost as much as gold fillings
- They’re made in a dental lab, therefore it needs 2 appointments to complete
In Vietnam, many people choose tooth color filling packages and porcelain packages since they give us the most natural looks.
The procedure of tooth-colored fillings in Vietnam
- Numbing the area: In most cases, numbing is not necessary, however, in case your teeth are too sensitive, the dentist will numb the area by a gel and then by injection to make you comfortable during the section
- Preparation of mouth: Your dentist can use a bite blocker to keep your jaw open.
- Removing the tooth decay: Now your dentist will remove the decayed and/or discolored portion of the tooth
- Filling the space: your dentist will fill the space with a specific filling and will polish it after finishing. For tooth-colored resin: the material is deposited layer by layer. Each layer accompanied by the curing light. After completing all the layers, the dentist will give the final shape to the composite materials by reshaping and polishing.
The expected lifespan of tooth-colored fillings is the lowest of all restoration options at about 7-10 years, depending on the location of the filling and your oral health habits. That lifespan can be extended with good dental care and at-home oral hygiene.
Having your teeth checked and cleaned at least twice a year will ensure that your dentist will be able to spot problems, such as a crack in a filling, as early on as possible in order to replace it at the right time.
Cost of tooth-colored fillings in Vietnam
Please check out our Sample Price List to know the average prices of different types of fillings in high-quality dental clinics in Vietnam. Learn more about some hot deals and dental filling packages in Vietnam by clicking on this link. When you consider some Filling Treatment or Inlay/Onlay Packages in Vietnam, remember to ask for the material, brand and warranty policy of the filling/Inlay/Onlay.
What are the clinics that offer dental filling in Vietnam?
In Vietnam, most dental clinics offer dental filling, inlay and onlay, as these are quite simple procedures. Check out the clinics that offer dental filling in Vietnam.